Some of our favorite recipes...
Heavenly Breakfast Burritos
The best part of this recipe is the endless number of possible combinations. Start with eggs, cheese, and some kind of veggie (hash browns, or sauteed onions/peppers) - and then go from there!
Ingredients (makes 2 large burritos):
- 3 eggs
- 3 strips bacon (or breakfast sausage)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 tsp canola oil (for sauteeing)
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 1 avocado
- 1 generous handful of shredded cheese (Monterey Jack, cheddar, or Mexican blend are all great)
1. Using medium heat, sauté the bell pepper and red onions in the canola oil.
2. Fry bacon / sausage in a separate frying pan.
3. Scramble eggs
4. Add salt and pepper to the onions / bell pepper mixture.
5. Heat up the tortillas - either in the oven, on the stovetop, or in the microwave.
6. Decide to stuff everything into one single, way-too-packed burrito.
7. Bust out your cast iron skillet so you can take an artsy photo.
You can absolutely substitute hash browns for the bell pepper + onions.
If you're making batches of breakfast burritos, it's easier to cook the bacon in the oven. Just line a baking sheet with foil and cook at 350F.
You can also wrap breakfast burritos in wax paper and store them in a gallon Ziploc bag in the freezer. They keep for months, and are a great way to have an easy meal in the morning (just microwave until the center is warm).
Everyone has a different way of cooking scrambled eggs, but this is a phenomenal resource by chef Gordon Ramsay.